Franklin Battlefield Inn is a beautiful historic Folk Victorian home built c. 1902, but with all the modern luxuries for the 21st century traveler… including three bedrooms, two bathrooms with limitless hot water provided by a tank-less hot water heater, a fully equipped kitchen with granite counter tops, tile back splash, a gas stove, oven, dishwasher, refrigerator and ice maker, washer and dryer, a vent-less gas log fireplace, four flat screen TVs with Direct TV, DVR (over 700 channels!), a blue-ray DVD player, and more.
Franklin Battlefield Inn (aka “the F.B.I.”) is centrally located in Historic Downtown Franklin! If you are here to visit the Number One Small Town in TN ( according to Southern Living), you will want to stay here at the FBI! Walk to Franklin’s thriving Main Street, dining, groceries, shopping, parks, museums and more. And if you are here to visit Nashville, Franklin Battlefield Inn is only a hop, skip and a jump from Music City USA (just a 25 minute drive).
Our county historian named this family home “Franklin Battlefield Inn,” because the house is located on ground zero of the Battle of Franklin. It is argued that the Battle of Franklin was the bloodiest battle of the Civil War, and this house sits at the very center of where the battle was fought! The Carter House and Museum are just two blocks north.
After the Civil War, Samuel P. Redford bought land from the Carter family and built several houses using wood from his lumber mill. Between 1899 and 1902, Sam Redford built this home using the finest red oak from his mill. Since then, five generations of Redfords have lived here (and a couple died here, but shhh don’t tell the kids there are ghosts). We have heard stories of how our ancestors used to board guests in this home. We hope to bring back this tradition of hospitality by welcoming you to stay at the FBI.
With a gorgeous fenced in back yard, spacious deck and crab orchard stone island with fire pit, Franklin Battlefield Inn is a great place for events such as parties, teas, cookouts, reunions or weddings. For an additional fee, you may have your party at the FBI. (Please note that events must be approved and scheduled in advance.)
- 2122 sq. ft., House , 2-story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:Well mannered pets allowed inside and can be left outside in the fenced in back yard. There is a non-refundable pet fee of $100 per animal, per stay.
- Non Smoking Only:Smoking allowed outside only.
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters: 25
- Children Welcome
- Events Allowed (please notify us ASAP – we can offer additional items such as tents, chairs, etc. to make your event succesful)
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
- Bedroom 1: 1 kingElectric fireplace and 50′ flat screen TV
- Bedroom 2: 1 king37′ flat screen TV
- Bedroom 3: 2 twin/ single37′ flat screen TV
- additional bed: 1 twin/ singleThis extra bed is in a window nook at the top of the stairs
- New Dutch made mattresses, luxury linens and pillows, beautiful decor.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1: toilet, combination tub/showerAll tile, ceiling shower head, make-up mirror
- Bathroom 2: toilet, showerAll tile, double vanity, walk in shower with bench
- Tankless hot-water heater – endless hot water!
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining: The oval table seats 6-8, and is centered on an oriental rug. There is also a drop leaf table that can be used for additional seating. A Collection of ‘Flow Blue’ hangs over the mantle.
- Dishes & Utensils: Fully equipped with up to date, stainless Cuisinart cookware, cooking utensils, dishes, glasses, flatware.
- Kitchen: Granite counter tops, tile back splash, hardwood floors, and large stainless sink, with food disposal.
- Coffee Maker: Keurig for individual K-cup and a 12 cup Black and Decker drip coffee maker.
- Refrigerator: New Samsung stainless french door refrigerator with ice maker.
- Pantry Items: Coffee, tea, basic spices, sugar, flour, and snacks.
- Stove: Four burner gas range with center griddle.
- Microwave: Stainless – above the range.
- Oven: Stainless convection oven.
- Toaster: Stainless
- Dishwasher: Stainless
- Fireplace: Gas fireplace with remote control
- Parking: Paved drive for four cars
- Garage: Available upon request
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Television: 4 televisions (one in the living room and one in each of the three bedrooms)
- Satellite / Cable: Direct TV with swim dvr on all 4 flat screen TV’s. Over 700 channels!
- Games: Assorted children’s and familiy-style games and a deck of cards.
- Books: Fiction, inspirational, historical, political, and children’s
- DVD Player
- Telephone:Unlimited long distance (not international)
- Internet:High Speed Wi-Fi
- Outdoor Grill:Deluxe gas grill on the deck. Charcoal Weber grill stored in garage.
- Lawn / Garden:Fenced in back yard with swing, seating and fire pit.
- Deck / Patio:Large deck with table seating 6.
- For you Civil War buffs… this house was built at the very epicenter the Battle of Franklin, and only two blocks from the historic Carter House and Lotz House.